Points-Based System

Stabilising Your Future

From 1st January 2021, free movement will end and the UK will introduce a points-based immigration system. Under a points-based immigration system, points are assigned for specific skills, qualifications, salaries and shortage occupations. Visas are then awarded to those who gain enough points.
If you are a skilled worker, highly skilled worker, lower-skilled worker or a student and wish to apply for a visa under the points-based system, please contact our office directly to speak to one of our legal experts for detailed advice and guidance on what options are available to you depending on your circumstances.
Under the points-based system, you are also eligible to apply for the following:
  • Innovator visa
  • Business visas
  • Student visas
Contact us today for more information or advice about any of the above!

Skilled Worker Visa

Whether you are an employer looking to hire a skilled worker from overseas or are an individual applying for a sponsorship visa, it will be important to understand the Skilled Worker visa eligibility and application requirements to avoid issues or delays with the Home Office application. A refused application will mean you lose the application fee.

For skilled workers and their sponsors, with so much at stake, it is important to seek legal advice to understand the migration options available and that the Skilled Worker visa is the correct route.

What is the skilled worker visa?

The Skilled Worker visa allows employers to recruit non-UK resident workers for certain eligible, skilled roles. The visa is open to individuals who attain 70 points by meeting specific requirements such as skill and salary level, English language ability and having a qualifying job offer from a UK sponsor.

The skilled worker visa makes provision for spouses, ‘durable’ partners and dependant children to apply to join the main visa applicant in the UK, and is also a route to settlement and Indefinite Leave to Remain.

What are the skilled worker visa requirements?

The rules and requirements for the skilled worker visa route are set out in a new Appendix skilled worker. Under this route, applicants will need to accrue a total of 70 points to be eligible for a visa, including EEA nationals recruited from outside the UK after 1st January 2021 and who are not eligible for status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

The applicable 70 points threshold for a skilled worker visa is made up of 50 points for mandatory or ‘non-tradeable’ criteria (i.e. the job offer, speaking English and the requisite skill level for the job on offer), and 20 points for what’s classed as ‘tradeable’ criteria.

It can be a complex area to understand, but our team of experts can help with your skilled worker visa process – please contact us for more information, as there are number of strict requirements mandatory guidelines that you must operate within.

Tier 4 Student Visa

Tier 4 General Student Visa is the category that allows overseas students to come to the UK and study. It is fact that the UK has a long and well-known educational history. Students from almost every country have heard of Cambridge and Oxford. However, other universities in the Russell Group such the London School of Economics and Political Science, University of Bristol, and Durham University are also world-renowned. In addition, there are an abundance of technical colleges and other higher education providers located throughout the country.
To enter the UK on a student visa, some tough requirements need to be met. However, recognising the enormous contribution international students make to the UK, not only economically, but culturally as well, the government is testing a scheme to make it easier for students to enter the UK.

What are the UK Tier 4 general student visa eligibility requirements?

You must meet the following criteria to successfully apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa:

  • You have been offered a place at a UK higher educational institution which is a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor
  • You have a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from your UK educational institution
  • You meet minimum financial requirements to live, pay tuition, and cover expenses while in the UK
  • You have proof of English language proficiency (there are some exceptions), nationality from an English speaking country, or an accepted English language degree, or successfully passing an accredited English language test

In addition, your course must meet the criteria. You can attend the following on a Tier 4 (General) Visa:

  • A full-time course that leads to at least a Level 6 qualification on the Ofqual register
  • A part-time course leading to at least Level 7 on the Ofqual register
  • A foreign course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • A full-time course, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least Level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • A recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

What documents are required for a UK Tier 4 general student visa?

To successfully apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa, you will need to submit the following (a non-exhaustive list of) documents with your application:

  • Your passport or other valid travel document
  • CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
  • Proof (in the form of bank statements or other financial documents) that you can pay for your course fees and support yourself throughout the time you spend studying
  • Proof that your parent or guardian consent to you coming to the UK if you are under 18 years old, proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
  • The results of your Tuberculosis test if you are required to have one

The advantages of having a UK Tier 4 general student visa

Students from all over the world pursue an ambition to learn at one of the world-renowned educational institutions in the UK. For students outside the EEA, getting permission to live and study in the UK is sometimes challenging. The Tier 4 (General) Student Visa allows you to live and study in the UK, and subject to meeting relevant requirements you can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during off-term time. You may also be able to bring your immediate family with you while you are studying.

Are you interested in studying in the UK?

As part of a collaborative business venture, we are working closely with the Oxford College of Education, who offer a wide range of courses that you may apply for via their admissions process. Please call us in the first instance if you would like an initial insight into what options are available to you, or alternatively, you may contact the Oxford College of Education directly using the details below:

Address: The Oxford College of Education, Bridge House, 56 Bridge St, High Wycombe, HP11 2EL

Telephone: +44 (0) 1494 256 340

Website: https://oxfordce.co.uk/index.php

E-Mail: admissions@oxfordce.co.uk

Need to consult with us?
Book an appointment today!

Our team will give you expert advice that has been specifically tailored to your case.

Quality services you can trust

Why Choose
Quick Immigration Solutions?

We pride ourselves on efficiency, quality and timeliness.
You can trust us to deliver on all our promises.

Agreed Fees

Fixed fees offered in all cases with no hidden costs.

Free Consultation

Free initial consultation offered in all cases.


With over 10 years of experience, we have worked on many cases with a high success rate.

Language Support

We offer language support for Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Mirpuri, Pashto, Somali, Farsi, Arabic and many more.

Direct Access

Direct access and communication with our friendly, expert immigration lawyers.

Same Day Appointments

Same day appointments can be offered wherever feasible.

What Our Clients Say